InterContinental Hotel - Abu Dhabi
Head of the Human Resources Department at the American Embassy School - New Delhi, India; Chair of the NESA HR Directors Collaborative Core.
NC MOHAN heads the Human Resources Department at the American Embassy School, New Delhi.
Mohan has 17+ years’ experience in human resources management in his career spanning 34+ years.
In addition to his Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, he also holds LL.B. and MBA (Human Resources) degrees from the University of Delhi.
HR Directors Institute
Thursday, October 19 | Saturday, October 21 | Sunday, October 22
Collaborative Core Co-chairs: N.C. Mohan, AES-New Delhi & Freny Dastur, ASB-Mumbai
The NESA Human Resource Directors Collaborative will follow a blended program throughout the conference including facilitated planning, peer-to-peer learning, and attending selected conference sessions. Throughout the conference the Collaborative will be developing its multi-year plan for sustained, systemic professional learning.
**NOTE: On Friday, October 20, HR directors are invited to attend other conference sessions in order to mix with other delegates and experience other workshops in the wider context of the NESA Conference, adding to their human resources training a good blend of other relevant educational topics.
Target Audience: Human Resource Directors
Outcomes: Participants will. . .
- Understand the conceptual model of the collaborative.
- Explore the potential of industry norms/principles of practice.
- Begin to build intentional and developmental planning.
- Learning through keynotes, relevant conference sessions and peer-to-peer learning.
Thursday, October 19
8:30-12:00 Extended Keynote with other FLC delegates: Carolyn McKanders, What Makes for Human Flourishing: Creating a Culture of Wholeness in Schools
10:00-10:30 Coffee Break
1:00-4:30 FACILITATED PLANNING (includes 30-min, coffee break, 2:30-3:00)
- Facilitator: JAMES TULLEY Senior Learning and Development Specialist, HR Learning and Development, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- Introduction to the Collaborative Structure - under the oversight of the Governance Advisory Committee
- Inputs into Planning
- Industry norms and standards - unpack and establish context
- Guiding principles and best practice
- Develop inputs to guiding statement of purpose for the collaborative
- Conduct informal audit of HR needs - priorities
- Articulate strands and priorities setting out a deliberately developmental journey for sustained systemic professional learning.
6:30 Welcome Reception - "Bayshore" pool Area, InterContinental Hotel
Friday, October 20
HR professionals are invited to attend other conference sessions in order to mix with other delegates and experience other workshops in the wider context of the NESA Conference, adding to their human resources training a good blend of other relevant educational topics.
Saturday, October 21
8:30-9:30 Keynote: Ron Berger, An Ethic of Excellence
9:45-1:15 Jennifer Abrams workshop: Having Hard Conversations (includes 30-min. coffee break, 11:15-11:45)
2:15-3:15 Facilitated planning (continued)
Sunday, October 22
8:30-8:50 Final Plenary Session: Madeleine Hewitt, NESA Executive Director
9:00-10:00 Peer-led sessions (topics to be confirmed)
10:00-10:15 Coffee Break (15 minutes)
10:15-11:45 Collaborative Core Team meeting (wrap-up)
11:45-12:00 Coffee Break (15 minutes)
12:00-1:30 Meet, if needed.