Fall Training Institute
November 3-4, 2017 - Riffa Views International School, Bahrain
The Fall Training Institute venue has been changed to Riffa Views International School in Bahrain. The FTI will take place on November 3 and 4, and the hotel is the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Speakers and delegates will be transported to and from the school from the Crowne Plaza. Hotel details will be posted soon.
NESA's Fall Training Institute is a specialty conference for educators. The program is based on an "extended institute design" so that delegates are together with the same presenter for the entire two-day conference. This format allows time for skill development, in-depth exploration and the establishment of partnerships/networks.
FEATURED TOPICS & SPEAKERS
As of August 1, 2017
- Proficiency-based Assessments in the World Language Classroom – CAROL COMMODORE
(planned in coordination with the NESA World Languages Collaborative*)
- Mining Mentor Texts in the Classroom – MATT GLOVER
(planned in coordination with the NESA Literacy Collaborative*)
- The Librarian and the Technology Integrationist: Creating a Dynamic Duo – DOUG JOHNSON
(planned in coordination with the NESA Librarians and Ed Tech Professionals Collaboratives*)
- Developing a Maker Mindset - KRISTOPHER ("Linus") VELEZ & SHABBI LUTHRA
- Getting Started on More Effective Grading and Reporting of Student Learning – KEN O’CONNOR
- Early Childhood Educators: Growing Your Instructional Practice Through Collaboration - MICHELLE RUPIPER
(planned in coordination with the NESA Early Childhood Collaborative*)
- Assessment 2.0: Grading from the Inside Out – TOM SCHIMMER
- Designing Exciting and Challenging Learning to Meet the K-12 Physical Education Standards – DEBORAH TANNEHILL
(planned in coordination with the NESA Physical Education Collaborative*)
*NESA Collaboratives have worked with NESA's Professional Development Advisory Committee (PDAC) to plan this year's institutes/workshops. They have identified learning priorities, suggested speakers, and are coordinating with those speakers to tailor their focus to educators' needs.