Winter Training Institute
January 26-27, 2018 - The American International School of Muscat, Oman
NESA's Winter Training Institute is a specialty conference for educators. The program is based on an "extended institute design" so that delegates are together with the same presenter for the entire two-day conference. This format allows time for skill development, in-depth exploration and the establishment of partnerships/networks.
FEATURED TOPICS & SPEAKERS
As of June 1, 2017
- Cultures of Thinking – MARK CHURCH
- The Power of "CO": Co-Planning, Co-Teaching and Collaborating for Student Success – KIM BANE & PAULA PETERS-FRAMPTON
- Creating and Using Rubrics to Support Student Learning – SUE BROOKHART
- Assessment for the Next Generation Science Standards: Assessing Lessons for Alignment and Student Learning in Three Dimensions - CHRIS CHARNITSKI
- Curriculum Design with the National Arts Education Standards – DENNIS INHULSEN
(in coordination with the NESA Performing & Visual Arts Collaborative*)
- Communities of Practice: Advancing School, Educator and Student Success – JOELLEN KILLION
- Number Talks: Shifting the Culture of the Mathematics Classroom — SHERRY PARRISH
(in coordination with the NESA Mathematics Collaborative*)
- ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) Assessment - Introductory Training (in coordination with NESA's World Language Collaborative*) — CARL OTTO
*NESA Collaboratives have worked with NESA's Professional Development Advisory Committee (PDAC) to plan this year's institutes/workshops. They have identified learning priorities, suggested speakers, and are coordinating with those speakers to tailor their focus to educators' needs.