NESA's Winter Training Institute is a specialty conference for educators with an "extended institute design" so delegates are together with the same presenter for the entire two-day event. This format allows time for skill development, in-depth exploration and the establishment of partnerships/networks.
This year's NESA Winter Training Institute took place on the campus of NESA member Riffa Views International School (RVIS) in Bahrain, January 20-21, 2017.
On the first day, RVIS Director Kurt Nordness and NESA Executive Director David Chojnacki welcomed delegates and introduced the WTI speakers during a plenary session in the school's theater.
Delegates then attended one of the following two-day institutes led by leading education experts:
- From Testing to Teaching: Using MAP Data to Inform Instruction (advanced level) – Julie Bredy & Lesley Tait
- Mindfulness in Education: Teaching with Body, Mind and Heart – Krysten Fort-Catanese
- Designing Standards-Based Assessments in MS/HS Social Studies – Myron Dueck
- Unlocking the Power of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) – Paul Andersen
- Assessment Design in the Physical Education Classroom – Natalie Bolton
- Digital Pedagogy Masterclass – John Burns
- Effective Mathematics Teaching and Learning Practices (K-12) – Megan Holmstrom & Ryan Grady
- Positive Discipline in the Classroom – Joy Marchese
- Special Topics in Early Childhood Education (Learning by Doing: Full STEAM Ahead!) – MichelleRupiper
NESA thanks RVIS Director Nordness, and the entire RVIS team for their invaluable support and hospitality.
Mark your calendars with the dates of next year's WTI: January 26-27, 2018,
at The American International School of Muscat, Oman.
See all of next year's NESA Events 2017-2018.