Professional Development Advisory Committee (PDAC)
The Professional Development Advisory Committee (“PDAC”) works with the NESA Center Staff in organizing our conferences and institutes. Made up of curriculum specialists from around the region, the PDAC meets three times a year to identify conference/institute speakers, suggest topics and strands and to provide input from the field as to what’s needed by our membership in the way of professional learning.
A great group—collaborative, productive and pro-active—and a wonderful resource for NESA.
|PDAC, with 'critical friend' Elizabeth Imende-Cooney from Advancing Educators (far left), at its April, 2016, meeting in Bangkok, prior to the NESA Spring Educators Conference: (front row l-r) Bridget Doogan-NESA Dir of Prof'l Learning, David Chojnacki-NESA Exec Director, Gail Seay (PDAC Chair); (back row l-r) Elizabeth Imende-Cooney, Mishka Mourani, Kim Bane, Jennifer Hughes, David Chadwell, Kerry Harder, Lisa Emborsky, Tracey Carey, Tara Waudby, Emily Sargent-Beasley. Not pictured: Michelle Kuhns.
- Gail Seay (PDAC Chair) | American School of Doha, Qatar
- Kim Bane | American International School-Chennai, India
- Tracey Carey | Saudi Aramco Expatriate Schools, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- David Chadwell | Cairo American College, Egypt
- Lisa Emborsky | American Community School of Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Kerry Harder | The American International School of Muscat, Oman
- Jennifer Hughes | American Community School, Amman, Jordan
- Michelle Kuhns | American School of Dubai, UAE
- Mishka Mourani | International College, Beirut, Lebanon
- Emily Sargent-Beasley | Walworth Barbour American International School in Israel, Even Yehuda
- Tara Waudby | International Schools Group, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
New members as of 2016-2017:
Fiona Reynolds | American School of Bombay, Mumbai, India
Jenny Canar | American International School - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
To learn how the PDAC plans the content of the conferences and institutes, click on the thumbnail to the right.