Margaret Sanders Foundation International Schools Scholarships
|Margaret Sanders with NESA's David Chojnacki
Margaret Sanders, who passed away in June 2009, was a longtime friend of American/international education through her association with Walsworth Publishing Company. She established a scholarship fund, the Margaret Sanders Foundation, to help graduates of our schools attend college.
Several scholarships are awarded each spring to graduating seniors at international schools who demonstrate persistence, motivation, resourcefulness, and acceptance of other cultures and points of view.
Factors considered in the selection process include academic achievement, financial needs, and higher education and vocational aspirations. Manifestation of desire to contribute to, or directly address, community and societal needs and problems will be considered in the selection process. The number and amount of awards are determined year-to-year.
Each regional association (ie, NESA, AISA, EARCOS, ECIS, etc) chooses one candidate for consideration by the Margaret Sanders Foundation. Each NESA member school may nominate one candidate.
Graduating seniors from NESA member schools are eligible to apply. NOTE: Application materials (ie. portfolios, essays, etc.) will not be returned.
How to apply: Click here to download the 2015-2016 application form
Applications must reach NESA by December 1 each year
2016-2017 Margaret Sanders Scholarship Winners
- Guilia Villanueve Lopez - American School of Asuncion (AASSA)
- Kedest Mathewos - International Community School of Addis Ababa (AISA)
- Jeane Khange - Singapore American School (EARCOS)
- Natalia Garzon - Balboa Academy (Tri-Association)
- Gisella Silva - Colegio Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Lima (AASSA)
- Sharon Bosire - Brookhouse International School, Nairobi (AISA)
- Kim-Sa Trang Ngo - Saigon South International School (EARCOS)
- Erika Garza Ibarra - American School Foundation of Monterrey (Tri-Association)
And the Alternate: Molly Brouns - American International School of Chennai (NESA)
Click here for a list of all winners since 2000.