Developing Educators Competencies and Capacities to Support
Social Emotional Learning
3 WEEKS: SEPTEMBER 14 - OCTOBER 5, 2020
Learn about and apply adult SEL competencies, how to build a supportive school community, and ways to sustain our own resilience through difficult times. (One-hour weekly Zoom meeting.)REGISTER
- Connect participants as a networked community of practice;
- Introduce participants to adult Social and Emotional Learning competencies and deepen their understanding of how these impact students’ learning, development and wellbeing;
- Support the application of these competencies in schools;
- Increase, through practice and intentional planning, our self-awareness as teachers and leaders;
- Plan for sustaining our resilience in order to model adult SEL for colleagues and students;
- Communicate and effectively advocate for the promotion of adult social and emotional competencies in schools.
Participants can expect or are expected to... :
- spend one hour a week on a Zoom call with their colleagues.
- spend anywhere from 2-6 hours per week on the course reading, reflecting, communicating, and designing.
- participate fully in discussions, provide collegial feedback, and play an active role in their learning.
- co-create a learning environment that fosters open-mindedness and celebrates diverse perspectives.
- create Self-Awareness Playbooks that they can put into practice immediately. They are expected to share these with their colleagues.
For educators interested in the personal growth that is required to effectively support the social emotional learning of our students.
ABOUT ELLEN MAHONEY
ELLEN MAHONEY, M.Ed., is an alumna of international schools, the CEO of Sea Change Mentoring, and a Council of International Schools Affiliated Consultant. She is the only professional working with international schools who is certified in mentoring program supervision. Ms Mahoney is the host of the Sea Change Podcast, where guests explore all aspects of Social Emotional Learning in the International School community.