Renewing School Communities
Adapt and Thrive Through Challenge and Change
4 WEEKS: SEPTEMBER 17 - OCTOBER 13, 2020
(90-minute weekly webinar)
Carolyn McKanders, Ochan Powell & Bridget Doogan
In this online professional development program, develop personal agency and collective efficacy as you envision the future of your learning communities as thriving, equitable, resilient and adaptive.REGISTER
We are experiencing an unprecedented global disruption, and schools are responding to the resulting need to redesign learning systems and structures. At the same time, their human systems must also adapt and recover. We know the negative impacts of stress on learning. To support school communities in navigating this journey, this networked learning series will establish a common language, develop safe spaces for processing and dialogue, and offer shared lenses and tools for navigating the experience. Participants will develop personal agency and collective efficacy as they envision the future of their learning communities as thriving, equitable, resilient and adaptive.
- Understand that transitions require a personal and collective processing of recent experiences to develop a psychological reorientation to change.
- Be able to adopt new lenses, perspectives, skills and practices to support self and others.
- Assess and reframe personal and collective identity anchored in mission, vision and values in preparation for the new academic year.
- Feel greater individual and collective efficacy in leveraging familiar principles and practices.
- Reimagine the future of learning communities as thriving, equitable, resilient and adaptive.
- Participants will be engaged in interactive opportunities to process and grow from the recent past, and adapt and thrive through ongoing change. Individual and collective identity, wellbeing and efficacy will be the focus.
- There will be four 90-minute Zoom webinars.
- Following the webinar, participants will complete asynchronous individual and collaborative processing, reflection and sharing - with the cohort and their school community.
- Participants can expect to spend 2 - 5 hours each week on this course.
School teams encouraged. Individual participants welcome.
ABOUT CAROLYN McKANDERS
Carolyn McKanders is Director Emeritus for Thinking Collaborative, the home of the Adaptive Schools Seminars and Cognitive Coaching Seminars®. As an educational consultant, she specializes in individual, group and organization development. Her passion is promoting quality human relationships through communication, collaboration and leadership-skills development.
ABOUT OCHAN POWELL
Ochan Powell is the Executive Director of Education Across Frontiers and a founding member of the Design Team for Next Frontier Inclusion. An Associate Trainer for Adaptive Schools and Cognitive Coaching, much of her work focuses on the development of inclusive school cultures through collaboration and coaching. Dr Powell is the product of international schools and continues to consult with them.
Adaptive Schools Training Associate at the
ABOUT BRIDGET DOOGAN
Bridget Doogan is an educational consultant who specializes in supporting individuals and communities to adapt and thrive through change and challenge by tuning in to resources, paths and models of responding, navigating and growing. She is an Adaptive Schools training associate for the Thinking Collaborative and leads seminars, facilitation and coaching internationally and virtually. Ms Doogan is the former Director of Professional Learning for the Near East South Asia Council of Overseas Schools (NESA).
All fees quoted are in US Dollars (USD).
- NESA Member School: $450/person
- NESA Affiliate School: $450/person
- Non-Members: $560/person
NOTE: Places are limited. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please review the Cancellation Notice before registering.