STRANDS: COACHING CULTURE • DEEP LEARNING • NEW PEDAGOGIES • WELLNESS / SEL
WEDNESDAY - SATURDAY, JANUARY 25-28, 2023
Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar: Four-Day Certificate Program
DESCRIPTION OF SEMINAR
The goal of Adaptive Schools Seminars is to develop the collective identity and capacity of organization members as collaborators and inquirers and leaders. In the Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar, participants learn how to build strong, collaborative, and caring work cultures in which results-oriented faculties work together for continuous school improvement.
It offers principles, practices and tools to develop the resources and capacities of individuals, groups and organizations to cohesively respond to the changing needs of students and society. The training explores what makes teams effective and how to develop skills as facilitators and informed group members in informal and formal settings, in small and large groups.
It takes participants beyond the idea of professional learning communities to the actual implementation, describing specific ways to weave the collaborative fabric of a faculty, develop group member skills, and acquire the principles and understandings to engage in a continuous cycle of team and individual improvement.
Adaptive Schools is the “how” of professional learning communities: how to behave in groups, how to lead them, and how to facilitate them for improved leading, teaching, and learning. Participants will explore the latest practical findings in organizational development, team learning, and navigating the currents of change.
DAY 1: Entering the territory
- An understanding of research findings regarding professional community in schools.
- An understanding of the WHAT, WHY, and HOW of becoming adaptive Structures and processes for collaborative conversations.
DAY 2: Developing Identity and Capacity
- An understanding of the goal of the Adaptive Schools Seminar
- An extended repertoire of facilitation strategies
- An understanding of four group member capabilities
- An understanding of the Seven Norms of Collaboration Increased skills with authentic paraphrasing.
DAY 3: Transforming Meetings
- A framing of meetings as learning opportunities
- Structures for successful meetings
- An understanding of how to integrate Norms of Collaboration in meetings
- Increased skills posing mediative questions.
DAY 4: Sustaining Community
- Structures and standards for successful meetings
- Perspectives and tools for discussion
- Conflict as a resource
- Tools, concepts, and strategies to transfer from workshop to workplace.
3: Initiating Implementation
4: Extending Implementation
All are welcome.
PLACES ARE LIMITED. Participants who complete all four days receive the Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar Certificate and will be entered in the Thinking Collaborative database, making them eligible to attend the advanced seminar.