Ritz Carlton, Doha, Qatar
Director of the NEASC Commission on International Education.
PETER C. MOTT is the Director of the NEASC Commission on International Education. Previously he served as Director of Zurich International School and Director of the American International School of Zurich. He was a Klingenstein Visiting Fellow at Columbia, served on the Boards of CIS and AISH, is a Trustee on the ERB Board, and a member of the NAIS Commission on Accreditation.
NEASC-CIE Preconference, October 19, 8:30-4:30
ACE Learning – A Transformative Approach to Accreditation and Learning
ACE Learning, NEASC/CIE’s groundbreaking new accreditation protocol, proposes a fundamentally different approach to accreditation by distinguishing between five compliance-oriented Foundation Standards and ten transformational Learning Principles. ACE shifts the focus of accreditation visits from combing through reams of documentation to observing learning and looking for evidence of learning impact. In this model the Foundation Standards function as “gatekeepers” at the Eligibility phase of accreditation.
In this interactive workshop participants will become familiar with
- The ACE conceptual framework
- The Transformational Learning Continuum underpinning ACE
- The shift from an input-output model to an input-output-impact model
- The 4 C’s of school evaluation: Conceptual Understanding, Commitment, Capacity, Competency.
Participants will understand why ACE is designed to serve as a vehicle for school transformation rather than improvement. The workshop will appeal both to schools wishing to explore an alternative approach to accreditation and to teachers/administrators interested in serving on ACE Accreditation Teams.
- Preconference fee: There is no charge for registered participants. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- How to Sign-Up: Participants must register for the Fall Leadership Conference in order to attend the preconference workshop (register for FLC). Please sign-up for the NEASC preconference via the NEASC-CIE website: https://cie.neasc.org