❖ Stretching Your Learning Edges: Adults “Growing Up” While Children are "Growing Up”
NESA PARENTS AS PARTNERS 2021-2022 LIBRARY
Join with parents across the NESA region to hear from distinguished specialists and to explore and learn new strategies in support of your child as a learner. Years of research reveal that schools that partner with parents positively impact student growth and achievement. This series will address child development within the context of family and school. Access materials and webinar recordings below.
Fall Semester webinars will take place on Tuesdays twice a month from September 7 to December 14, 2021, 4:00-5:00pm Athens, Greece time.
Access materials and webinar recordings below (added after each session). Webinars and recordings are intended for participating schools only.
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS PAGE PUBLICLY
SEPTEMBER 7 TO DECEMBER 14, 2021
Journeying Together: Parents as Partners in Social Emotional Learning
Presented by ELLEN MAHONEY
September 7, 2021 | 4:00-5:00pm (GMT+3)
- Brainstorm: The Power and the Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel J. Siegel
- Parenting from the Inside Out: How a deeper self-understanding can help you raise children who thrive by Daniel J. Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- Curated list of SEL resources
A Parent's Guide to the Science of Attention
Presented by ANDREW WATSON
September 21, 2021 | 4:00-5:00pm (GMT+3)
In Our Classrooms, In Our Schools: What is the Story of Learning?
Presented by MARK CHURCH
October 5, 2021 | 4:00-5:00pm (GMT+3)
Neutral Spaces: Tips and Tools for Avoiding Power Struggles
Presented by JOY MARCHESE
November 2, 2021 | 4:00-5:00pm (GMT+2*)
Writing the New Story of Wholeness, Integration and Inclusion
Presented by KAVITA TANNA
November 16, 2021 | 4:00-5:00pm (GMT+2*)
At What Cost? Defending Adolescent Development in Fiercely Competitive Schools
Presented by DAVID GLEASON
December 7, 2021 | 4:00-5:00pm (GMT+2*)
Positive Education and the Science of Wellbeing
Presented by KRISTIN LOWE
December 14, 2021 | 4:00-5:00pm (GMT+2*)
*Note: Daylight Savings Time ends in Greece on October 31, 2021. This may affect your local webinar start time.
COMING UP NEXT SEMESter
JANUARY 11 TO APRIL 19, 2022
❖ The Power of Making Thinking Visible
❖ Navigating Parental Polarities
❖ Why Service Learning Matters to Schools, Your Children, and YOU: Bringing Learning to Life
❖ Reflecting on the Journey
HOW TO JOIN
- Please register in advance at any time before the webinars using the link provided by your school.
- After registering, you will receive an email with subject: “Your Link to Join Parents as Partners”. Please check your junk mail if it does not arrive.
- The email will contain a personalized link to join the webinars. This link is unique to you: please do not share it.
- This single link will allow you to access ALL webinars. To receive a new link, please register again.
- If you have not joined a Zoom meeting before, please begin your login process 15 minutes prior to the start of the first session to allow for system set up.
- Please note that your video and audio will be disabled during this webinar.
- Use the Q&A panel to ask the presenter questions.
- Use the CHAT panel to share insights with session participants.
- The meeting will be recorded and shared.