SEC 2020 Cancelled
February 8, 2020
Dear NESA School Friends and Colleagues,
With health and safety as our highest priority, due to the outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the Spring Educators Conference, scheduled to take place April 2-5, 2020, in Bangkok, Thailand. We deeply regret that we must cancel, yet are certain this is the prudent course of action.
The NESA Board of Trustees considered many factors before making the decision:
- The virus has caused illness resulting in death and sustained person-to-person spread.
- The virus has been declared an emergency of global concern by the World Health Organization.
- After emerging in China, the virus spread to 22 more countries in less than two months.
- Thailand’s confirmed case count is currently the highest outside China.
- There are continuing risks dependent on exposure, and it is uncertain how the situation will unfold in the coming weeks.
NESA staff will contact all registered delegates regarding reimbursement. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
The NESA community was very much looking forward to the SEC, and while we regret the loss of this opportunity, we hope that many will support our NESA community by joining us for our upcoming Educators Learning Conference (ELC) planned for November 6-8, 2020, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
NESA Executive Director