NESA Salary & Benefits Survey
The NESA Salary & Benefits Survey is an annual initiative which provides valuable insights into how your school’s salary and compensation compares to others in the region.
NESA collaborates with an external organization, Big Data BizViz LLC (BDB), to provide this service. The survey is entirely confidential, and covers salary and benefits data for the Head of School, key administrative positions, and faculty by experience and degree. Consolidated data can be accessed through an interactive benchmarking dashboard on the Yujaa platform, allowing schools to evaluate their current standing, make data-informed administrative decisions, and track progress over the years.
- Access consolidated data through an interactive benchmarking dashboard.
- Compare your school’s data with averages and medians of similar schools in the region
- Evaluate the current standing of your school across various datasets
- Make data-informed administrative decisions
- Track your school’s progress (or significant changes) with standard KPIs captured year-on-year
- Promote a data-gathering culture at your school
- Check facts and figures from any device
- Generate Excel and PDF reports on the go
- Retain complete access to, and easily update, your school’s information
- Ensure data quality through review by the BDB team
- Avoid loss of data due to changes in personnel or infrastructure-related issues
PARTICIPATION & ACCESS (NESA-REGION SURVEY)
NESA Member and Affiliate Schools are invited to participate in this important NESA benefit.
All schools wishing to participate must complete an opt-in form sent by email to the Head of School and key administrators each spring. Only schools that complete the survey in full and renew their NESA Membership will be able to access the interactive results dashboard.
For full NESA Member Schools: participation in the Salary and Benefits Survey for the NESA region is complimentary.
NEW! NESA Affiliate Schools may now also participate in the NESA-region Salary and Benefits Survey for a special reduced fee (based on student enrollment):
Expanded OFFEriNG (Paid ADD-ON)
For an additional reduced fee, NESA Member and Affiliate Schools may upgrade to access an expanded offering from BDB. This add-on includes salary and compensation data from schools worldwide, as well as additional benchmarking reports within the NESA region on:
- Tuition fees
- Assessment results
- Enrollment and Demographics
Schools may choose to upgrade to the expanded offering at any time before annual survey results are published.
Early March: NESA Member and Affiliate Heads of School, HR Directors and Business Managers are invited via email to opt-in to participate in the survey.
Early April: Designated contacts receive notification via email that the survey is open for data entry.
End of May: Survey data entry is closed.
June: Survey data is aggregated and checked for quality by BDB.
Early July: Survey results are published. Designated contacts receive an email with instructions on how to access the survey results dashboard. NOTE: Schools must have completed the NESA membership renewal process by this time, or access to results will be delayed.
September: The survey opens for collection of extended datasets (tuition, finance, personnel, assessments, enrollment and demographics) for schools that purchased the expanded offering add-on.
October: Results of the extended datasets are published exclusively for expanded offering participants.
Throughout the NESA Membership year: Schools may participate at any time after the May submission deadline for a late fee of US$600.
- Complete the opt-in form (sent by email to your Head of School, Business and HR Manager each spring) with your school's preferred access level and designated contact details. Please submit only one form per school.
- Login details will be shared via email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the designated contact(s). Please check your spam/junk folder if this email is not received. Please refrain from sharing login credentials.
- Once logged in, input data on the Yujaa platform following the instructions provided. Note: if participating for the first time, initial data entry may take more time than usual. However, in subsequent years the data you provide will be retained, significantly reducing the time required to complete the survey.
- Complete the survey in full by the indicated deadline.
- Survey results will be announced by email to the designated contacts in early July.
- Results for the expanded offering will be published before the NESA Fall Leadership Conference.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Late Fees: Schools may choose to participate in the survey after the submission deadline for a fee of US$600.
Survey Results Dashboard Access: Only those who complete the survey in full will be granted access to the survey results dashboard.
NESA Membership Requirement: Only schools that complete the NESA membership renewal process will have access to the survey results dashboard, even if they completed the survey data input in full. Access to results may be delayed for schools that do not complete the process (including payment) by the indicated deadline.
NOTE: Participation in the NESA Salary & Benefits survey and the expanded offering is voluntary and confidential. The survey is compliant with all regional data protection policies, and complete anonymity of data is maintained.