Helpful & Innovative Resources
FROM NESA AFFILIATES, PARTNERS & SISTER ORGANIZATIONS
❖ ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION (AAIE): COVID-19 Page - updates and resources.
❖ ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN SCHOOLS IN SOUTH AMERICA (AASSA): COVID-19 Resource Page - a shared space for accessing and sharing resources of interest.
❖ ASSOCIATION OF CHINA AND MONGOLIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (ACAMIS): Model Infectious Disease Prevention and Cleaning Procedures - Created by the ACAMIS Executive Director and the Board of Directors. Advice on how to reopen school campuses safely, especially if community members return from affected areas abroad.
❖ THE COLLEGE BOARD: AP Coronavirus Updates - About This Year's AP Exams
❖ CURRICULUM ASSOCIATES: Free access to online resources - Math Teacher Toolbox (printed materials) / Reading and Math Online Instruction. Details available HERE.
❖ EDUCATIONAL COLLABORATIVE FOR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (ECIS): Free resources for distance learning.
❖ EXPLORE LEARNING: Pedagogical webinars in Math and Science - free access and free online training to support your distance learning objectives in math and science.
❖ GLOBAL ONLINE ACADEMY: Support, online courses, blog articles and resources for online teaching and learning.
❖ FINALSITE: Coronavirus Strategies for Schools - Resources, best practices, and examples to help schools effectively manage marketing, communications, admissions and advancement efforts.
❖ INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS SERVICES (ISS):
- Online Learning Resources - a snapshot of the recent work of many schools and individuals in regards to policy, technical operations, teaching and learning and community wellness.
- Makerpedia - Global Cardboard Challenge - Design and build your own arcade game.
❖ MIDDLE STATES ASSOCIATION OF COLLEGES & SCHOOLS (MSA): Online Learning Resources in Response to COVID-19.
❖ NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS (NAIS): Sharing Solutions - Evolving education in the time of COVID-19 | COVID-19 Resources for Independent Schools.
❖ NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS & COLLEGES (NEASC): COVID-19 Featured Resources.
❖ SUNY-BUFFALO STATE: "Developing Minds of the Future" - A series of fully online graduate credit-bearing workshops for teachers in international schools. Earn graduate credit while working remotely. In cooperation with Core 21 Education Services.
FROM OTHER SOURCES AROUND THE WORLD
❖ HARVARD UNIVERSITY:
- LabXchange - a free, open, online platform that allows learners and educators to explore top quality science education content.
- Teach Remotely -- “Best Practices: Online Pedagogy” - a guide to remote teaching.
❖ NATIONAL ART EDUCATION ASSOCIATION: Remote Learning Toolkit - Strategies, approaches, lessons, units, and tools to support with the challenges of and opportunities for distance learning.
❖ THE KENNEDY CENTER: Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems!, Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home. Doodle with Mo and explore ways of writing and making. All 15 episodes and their downloadable activities are archived.
❖ AMAZON GLOBAL AUDIO BOOKS: Listen for free.
❖ FREE MUSEUM VISITS: Free online virtual visit to 17 museums in Europe.
❖ CAMBRIDGE PUBLISHING FREE ONLINE TEXTBOOKS: In response to the epidemic, Cambridge Publishing, UK, offers 700 online reading editions of their books. The free reading period is until the end of May.
❖ THE PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA:
- Live-stream their last live performance on March 12 - to an empty auditorium - of Beethoven's Symphonies 5 and 6, which opened with the world premiere of Iman Habibi’s “Jeder Baum spricht,” written in dialogue with the two Beethoven symphonies.
- Listen On Demand - Archived audio performances | Virtual Philadelphia Orchestra - Music, in video and audio forms, as well as interactive education and enrichment.