Spring 2018 | Volume 20 | Number 3
Table of Contents-Spring Issue
2018 Winter Training Institute - Muscat
January 26-27, 2018
NESA's Winter Training Institute is a specialty conference for educators with an "extended institute design" so delegates are together with the same presenter for the entire two-day event. This format allows time for skill development, in-depth exploration and the establishment of partnerships/networks.
This year’s NESA Winter Training Institute took place on the campus of NESA member The American International School of Muscat (TAISM), Oman.
On the first day, TAISM Director (and NESA Board member) Kevin Schafer and NESA Executive Director Madeleine Hewitt welcomed delegates and introduced the WTI speakers during a plenary session in the school’s theater.
Delegates then attended one of the following two-day institutes led by leading education experts:
- Kim Bane and Paula Peters-Frampton | The Power of "Co": Co-Planning, Co-Teaching and Collaborating for Student Success
- Susan Brookhart | Creating and Using Rubrics to Support Student Learning
- Christopher Charnitski | Assessment and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Mark Church | Cultures of Thinking
- Dennis Inhulsen | Curriculum Design with the National Arts Education Standards
- Joellen Killion | Communities of Practice: Advancing School, Educator and Student Success
- Karl Otto | ACTFL OPI and the Classroom: Familiarization Workshop
- Sherry Parrish | Number Talks: Shifting the Culture of Mathematics Classroom
NESA endeavors to support individual teacher agency as teachers collaborate, model, plan and practice. Through the WTI and all of its professional development events, NESA supports educators in a powerful stance of inquiry, growth mindset, practice and reflection so they can make an IMPACT!
Next year’s WTI: January 25-26, 2019, American International School Chennai, India. See you there!